Welcome to the School Council
The School Council at Mowmacre Hill Primary School consists of a team of extremely active, dedicated and well organised children. The members of the council take their roles very seriously and are committed to making positive changes within the school.
Children vote for children in their class from a range of nominees, each year group has 2 members elected to serve for a full academic year. The school council is led by a Chair and Vice Chair who are chosen by the elected council members.
This year the school council are aiming to find ways to improve reading across the school and to raise funds to organise events such as Mowmacre’s Got Talent. They regularly collect the views of pupils in school and attend meetings every two weeks.
The School Council Vision Statement is as follows:
- Our school council works together as a team to ensure we can be the best school possible.
- We aim to make pupils to feel comfortable, happy and safe at school.
- We shall work hard to make our world a better place.
- We want to improve our school by discussing ideas and making decisions.
- We aim to listen to others and discuss comments and suggestions that would make our school an even more wonderful place.
From Friendship Officers and Eco Officers to Change Consultants and Safety Officers, the council truly represent the voice of the pupils.
Meet our Councillors
Our school councillors for 2018/19 have been elected. Each year group has two representatives from years 2-6. We have mentors to help the new councillors with their roles as well as a staff councillor. They are a very enthusiastic team who want to bring about positive changes to benefit all pupils.
- Leila Amaroui (Year 6) – Chair
- Mia Mazzei (Year 4) – Vice Chair
- Ameena Noorzay (Year 6)
- Katie Paterson (Year 6)
- Jessica Kenney (Year 5)
- Daisy Blanchard (Year 5)
- Mohammed Sakandari (Year 4)
- Alisha Ebako (Year 3)
- Brooklyn George (Year 3)
- Kacey Joyce (Year 2)
- Amelia Cave (Year 2)